How to Make and Cancel an Appointment
Book face-to-face or remote appointments with your GP, nurse or clinician at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems booking online appointments?
Use the Patient Access Support Centre before you call us.
How to get an appointment
Making an appointment with a doctor or a nurse is not very easy for a lot of our patients. We have been taking on board all the suggestions and comments you have given us. The current appointment system has been developed as a result of this as the pressure we have from the government to be able to provide appointments within 24 hours.
Our current system is as follows:
- Advance book of appointments - The majority of our appointments are book in advance and are now available on line. You can book 6 weeks, 2 weeks 1 week and 48 hrs in advance. Our booking system releases new appointments every day so if you require a pre-bookable please book online or telephone after 11.00am Appointments that are booked online, provide the best opportunity to secure one. You can use this service 24 hrs a day. Please bring photographic ID to reception to enable us to register you for this service.
- Advance booking by internet - These can be booked by logging on our online option via the main menu. You will need a special access code for this. Please ask the reception staff for this. This saves you ringing on the day. These will also be released up to 6 weeks in advance.
- Book on the day/ Emergency appointments - On the day appointments are very limited to patients that have become sick overnight and are emergencies. Patients may still be directed to alternative service such as the Extended GP service based at Lewisham hospital main entrance via A& E Yellow Zone. These appointment are available 08.00-8.00 7 days a week and can be booked by us in advance up to 7 days. All our receptionists will ask you the reason for your call and are trained to direct you to the correct service. If you feel that you need to see a Doctor for your medical problem which is urgent, you can ask for an emergency appointment.
We will endeavour to see all patients presenting with an urgent problem.
Cancelling An Appointment
If for any reason you are unable to keep your appointment or no longer need it, please let us know as soon as possible so that it can be reallocated. Please remember that there is always a shortage of appointments and when you fail to attend you have prevented someone else from being seen in your place.
To cancel an appointment, call our telephone: 020 8291 4249 during opening hours.
Comments and Suggestions
If you have any comments or suggestions as to how we can improve on the above system, please write to or speak to the practice manager.
GP Extended Access Service
NHS Lewisham Clinical Commissioning Group is committed to improving access to primary care services. This includes making appointments available at times that are convenient to patients.
- find it difficult to attend an appointment during the working day;
- are a busy parent with small children;
- or rely on working carers to take you to appointments;
then this service is here to support you.